Nursing driven program to provide comfort care to high level acuity patients and guidance on meeting goals or moving into higher level of care.
- Targeting high risk patients with complex medical and socioeconomic needs and increased risk of re-admission to hospital
- Discussion of short- and long-term medical goals and how to meet them.
- Patients are able to pursue aggressive treatments while on Enhanced Program.
- Increased communication to primary care physician and specialists to assure proper plan of care for patients.
- Social work support for assistance in making sure any resources needed can be put in place to help ensure patients needs are being met.
- Transfer to hospice when goals cannot be met, and increased care is needed.